Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New Lamps!

I knew that I needed to get new lamps for the family room with the color changes that we are making. I had set in my mind that I would get something like this:


I love the simple white lamp shades, and the fun acrylic base. But lets be honest, anything is an improvement over this:


So off shopping I went in search of the perfect acrylic lamps! I went to hobby lobby, target, walmart, kohls, home depot and lowes. I found some lamps that I love at hobby lobby, and I was about to go back and get them. At the last minuet I decided to stop at Ross, and just see what they had. I once found a mirror there that I love that is in my bedroom, but I have never found anything else. So I walk into Ross, and cue heavenly music, I saw these sitting on a table at the front of the store:


Seriously? How awesome are these lamps? I love the damask print and the navy blue color. I was planning on doing a yellow and gray color scheme, but I was willing to give it up for these lamps! (Plus I later found out that yellow pillows are an epic FAIL with fabric the color of our sectional). Do you want to know the best part? These lamps were just $35 each!

Yep, as soon as I saw the price tag they were coming home with me!!!

I also saw an awesome zebra print rug next to the lamps when I walked by. As I turned around to grab the rug, after the lamps were safely in my cart, another women also had her hand on it. I looked at her for a second, and decided that she could have the rug since I already found these AMAZING lamps.

Here it is sitting on its new home:


I still need to find some new end tables to refinish. Its a work in progress, but I love it so far! Do you see the rug in the background? Can you believe that I found that from the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart? Yep, and guess what...it was only $13!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love those lamps!! They are so cute! They look a lot pricier than $35.00. Good score!

    ReplyDelete